Fri, 12 Sep 1997 15:17:28 -0400
On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Francoise Becker wrote:

> >  It would be nice to
> >  be able to integrate list admin functionality into existing applications
> >  (including CGI's) using such a facility.
>
> List admin functions are also available in the 1.8d WA.EXE (but
> unless you are the owner of a list under 1.8d, you can't check it out
> right now)

 That's not what I'm asking...  Say I have a CGI program that does a
 number of things, and I'd like to open a connection to LISTSERV, issue
 some commands to effect list admin changes, and then go on doing other
 things.  In other words, I'd like a program with no human being attached
 to the other end :) to be able to interact with LISTSERV without having
 to use e-mail.  If what I've been told is true, that LISTSERV is
 listening to some port for incoming connections, it's theoretically
 possible to write my own "client" to talk to the "server".  I'm
 wondering whether or not we'll have access to the new services at that
 level, since it's provides us the most flexibility.

 -jj