"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 May 1998 00:37:06 -0500
Is there a logical reason for e-mail providers to wait three or four
days before notifying senders that a message has not been delivered and
that attempts to deliber will be made for x number of days? I just received
a whole pile of such errors from Buffalostate.edu, and, given all the
traffic on my list in the past three days, expect some 200 more! If I
had been notified the first day, I would have set the subscriber to
digest and reduced the number of error messages to two or three. (My
subscribers know that if they find themselves unexpectedly set to
digest and don't like the setting, they are encouraged to set themselves
back to ordinary mail.  The fact that they received a digest means that
their mailbox is open for business regardless of what was wrong.)

Curious and frustrated,

Ingrid
Ingrid Shafer
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]