Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:11:15 -0500
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, rex wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 03:09:19PM -0500, Holloway, Mike wrote:
>> And it still can't be done, unless there is a new version of Eudora that has
>> fixed something, and I'm not checking this time.
>>
>> This is one of those things that is a moderately FAQ, and we go through this
>> every time.
>
>We go through it because there is always someone who can't make it work
>and then says "it can't be done," just as you have above. I KNOW IT
>WORKS BECAUSE I HAVE DONE IT with Eudora Pro 3.x If you don't believe it,
>feel free to remain ignorant and frustrated, but please refrain from
>spreading the "it can't be done" MYTH.

I wanted to say this myself, but refrained because I'm not making
much use of PC-based mail programs, and so have never actually
done it with one of them.

But I've done it with the old VM mail forward function, which used
"Resent-" fields, and with Pine's "bounce" function, which once again
uses the same "Resent-" fields, and I've now seen Pegasus generate the
very same "Resent-" fields (preserving the original "From:").

I'm not about to inflict on my subscribers the kind of test that would
prove whether this works or not just to counter the "it can't be
done", when I have no reasonable doubts that it in fact can be.

I've never used Eudora, but what you have described generates
basically the same thing.  My experience has been whether it works or
not depends on how the list is configured.

Boy was I glad to see you post this.

>-rex (
>--
>Folks who can't do something and insist it's impossible are tedious.

Amen.