Sylvie McGee <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 06:59:49 -0700
On Thu, 8 Jun 1995, Mario Rups wrote:

> Daring to change the headers in the first place, I mean.  You're right
> about the mail, if you cc: yourself a copy you will know exACTly what you
> did wrong (or right) later on.

Well, I'm in there with you. I think of the headers as a great beast
about to bite!

> Mario Rups (who learned to be very, VERY careful about using a * with a
>      delete command quite early on -- when I erased my entire 300-item
>      bibliography while doing my dissertation --

Was writing a continuing grant that funded *all* of the homeless shelter
services at the agency I ran, fully a third of our total annual budget,
and neglected the "save frequently" discipline <this is ten years ago,
before auto-save>. One and a half hours to deadline, five pages just
*poof* disappeared! And I had been writing without notes. I believe my
subsequent version was *considerably* more concise than the first ;)

Take care,

Sylvie McGee
Administrator of the Fortnight - Quaker-L/Quaker-P
University Friends' Meeting - seattle wa