Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:08:48 -0500
On 26 Feb 2001, Pete Weiss wrote:

> There must be, because the NEW-LIST LISTSERV(R) based list is doing
> so.  There appears to be 278 BIT.LISTSERV. groups defined, and of those,
> at least 1/4 of them of non-empty.

I think you are talking about lists mirrored as newsgroups on the Usenet
backbone in some way.  Is that right?

I want something different, almost opposite to that -- a private news
(NNTP) server running on the same machine as LISTSERV that allows people
ot read the list (actually it would be the archives they'd be reading) as
a newsgroup.  This would not involve Usenet or Bitnet at all.

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]