"Meek, Kate" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:16:28 -0400
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. It gives me a semi-automated way to
deal with the postcards that they'll have.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 11:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Can I set subscriber topic preferences in a bulk operation?

> I'd like to be able to subscribe a large list of people, each with his/her
> own topic requests. I haven't been able to find anything on this in the
> documentation. My test using the bulk operation didn't set the right topic
> preferences (set the default). I used this syntax:
>
> [log in to unmask]    first last      topics=topic1 topic2 topic3

You cannot ADD a subscriber and set options or topics in the same command.
However, the subscriber can SUBSCRIBE and set topics with the same command

SUB listname  first last  with topics: topic1 topic2 topic3

> 1. Is it possible to set subscriber preferences with the bulk upload web
> interface? If so, what's the syntax? (what am I doing wrong?)

You must set Default-Topics=  (in the list header) to the topics you want
them to have before the bulk upload. This means you must create separate
address lists if they need different topics set. Then you must change
Default-Topics=   before each upload.