Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 09:15:58 EDT
I don't think you'd want to suppress the listname-REQUEST message.  There
are too many people out there who don't understand that if they don't send
their commands to LISTSERV, nothing happens.  The default acknowledgement
says basically, if you wanted to write to the list owners, fine, otherwise
you need to resend your commands to [log in to unmask]  What I don't
understand is why it's necessary for the list owner to send anything to
the listname-REQUEST address.  Wouldn't it be simpler to set up a mailing
list (listname-OWNERS or something like that) to handle this sort of thing?

Nathan