Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:59:13 +0100
Ok, here is the  deal on the T-shirts. The delivery  time promised by the
CGI script was based on the assumption  that we would order within a week
or so  (as we had most  of the designs  ready) and that the  shirts would
arrive in the time frame the company we were going to use said they would
arrive. Unfortunately  there have been  a number of delays,  some clearly
our fault,  some clearly not  our fault,  some in between.  For instance,
some colours turned out not to  be available for the sweat/golf shirts we
were going to have  made as well, and there was no  colour that even came
close, and we wanted to order everything at the same time to get the best
volume discount. Due to a miscommunication  we had also failed to realize
that the  sweat shirts would  have to be embroidered  and we had  to make
sure that the  selected design would also work  when embroidered. Anyway,
the shirts finally arrived about 2 weeks before the party, at which point
we had 1,100  parcels to send. Heather, Jeni and  Dana worked overtime to
get the shirts out  before the deadline and they are  the ones you should
be thanking :-)

Anyway, ALL  the shirts  that had  been ordered before  Oct 17  have been
shipped. Whether they arrived or not  is another story. They were shipped
by USPS  from MD,  you are  probably more  familiar with  parcel delivery
times within the US than I am :-)  From now on, we will process new shirt
orders every other week.

  Eric