Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 22:49:19 EDT
>What is it that sometimes causes Listserv to pull this information from the
>full list header, while at other times it does not?

As far as I can tell, this is how it works:

- If the From: line includes a name, then it gets used in the post.  No way
  around that.

- If the From: line doesn't include a name, then the name in LISTSERV's
  "central registry" gets used.

- For certain subscription related commands -- i.e. if a subscriber changes
  options -- then the name in the list file gets used.

- If the person isn't subscribed or registered, and doesn't include a name
  in the From: line, then no name is used.

--
Bill
City University of New York Computer Center