"Paul M. Karagianis" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Sep 1994 12:27:24 EDT
On Tue, 20 Sep 1994 10:58:00 EDT, Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I've been getting some rejects from mail generated on LINUX systems.  Looks
>like a blank line is getting into the headers during some folding.  Would
>like to respond to the users and give them some advice on how to fix the
>problem.  Does anyone know what I should say?  Here is one set of headers
>that illustrate the problem.  Note that the 3rd Received line has an
>embedded blank line that stops the mail header.

I only have a couple days worth of Linux newsgroups available for the
standard reason, but there is some speculation there that it's possible
to configure around this although no method is given.  More often the
error is attributed to a bug in SMail.  The following is typical of the
most popular recomendation:

>From: [log in to unmask] (Herbert Xu)
>Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin,comp.os.linux.development,comp.os.linux.misc,co
>Subject: Re: Linux v1.0 SMAIL problem
>Date: 17 Sep 1994 13:37:10 +1000
>
>Caesar M Samsi ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>: What is the latest version os smail and where can I ftp it from ?
>
>: I have 3.1.28.1 #5, Nov 93 and it is broken. It inserts extraneous
>: linefeeds and tabs making the spool file looking like follows:
>
>You would be better off with sendmail v8.
>--
>A.  B <=> True                  B.  A <=> False
>Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[log in to unmask]>
>PGP Key:  [log in to unmask] or any other key sites

-Kary