"Jim Styer, Battle Creek MI" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 00:41:02 -0700
At 02:43 PM 6/15/01 -0400, Michael Hensley wrote:
>So, based on the lists lack of response, I guess I am the only one having
>trouble delivering mail to Yahoo.  It also appears that Yahoo has done a
>really good job of hiding any contact information for reporting this sort
>of problem.
>
>I guess, since they are a free service, they feel they can filter messages
>as they see fit and user's don't have much recourse.  However, since
>managing mailing list subscriptions with free Yahoo and Hotmail accounts is
>becoming more and more common, there has got to be a way for legitimate
>list publisher to get on their "approved" list or a lot of people won't be
>getting the mail they have signed up to receive.  Right now very little of
>our mail is getting through, although some is, so I know we aren't blocked,
>just being dropped.
>
>No one else is experiencing this?
>
>--Michael

--------------------
Yahoo administration and "tech support" itself has no effective e-mail
Q&A support for users. You can go to http://help.yahoo.com/ for all
categories of Yahoo help and to http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups/ for
help on Yahoo's Groups themselves. Click on any question; at the bottom
is a way to send e-mail to help. But this e-mail results in an automated
response referring to help screens and saying that if this doesn't help
you, resend your question. But rarely do users get a timely response, or
any response at all. Rather, many questions are answered by members of
various Yahoo Groups for list moderators and users.

On various such Yahoo Groups lists, there have periodic complaints from
list moderators about mail service problems with Yahoo, MSN, Hot Mail
and AOL, particularly. It's even been said that AOL summarily dumps mail
when its servers are too busy to handle it.

You might consider joining join a Yahoo help list and asking some
specific questions about your problems with Yahooo. Or you can review
the msg archives on the Web, or search them by keywords.

Two possible help lists:

E-Mail List Managers' -- This list with 1,500 subscribers is "for
anybody who has ever moderated a list through Yahoo Groups, CoolList,
Topica, or more traditional listserv formats such as Listserv or
Majordomo, and describes the various issues that involved with running a
moderated list."  This includes several knowledgeable list moderators.
Note that this is a very high traffic list (25-35 msgs a day avg.), but
a digest is available, or view msgs on the Web.

are public)
Or subscribe by e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

ListHelp -- 1000 subscribers and 14-25 msgs per day. -- "Join us if you
are looking for a friendly place to find help and hints for managing,
owning, promoting your list. And no, you don't have to keep your list at
the YahooGroups site. We welcome anyone using any listserver on the net.
ListHelp is moderated by three experienced list owners. The list is also
monitored by YahooGroups, Topica & SmartGroups representatives. We will
do our utmost to aid you anyway we can, and if we can not come up with a
correct response, hopefully we can point you in a direction to get you
on your way. ...."

subscribers)
Or subscribe by e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

For a list of 107 Yahoo computer help groups: