Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:22:08 -5
On 26 Feb 97, Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Bon Matin all,
>
> I received a chain letter syaing the Cancer Research will be given 3
> cents by address in it. It mentions a sick child by the name of Jessica
> Mydek ... It awfully looks like others "urban myth" ...
>
> Does any other list owner already seen that one lately ...
>
> It has an AOL address as reference ...
>
> I know of a few but that is a new one for me.
> --
> Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L

Yes I've seen that one. Someone posted it on my list and I was
furious. I threatened to my list that if ANYONE EVER
posts a chain letter to the list again, they will be served off. No
matter how well intentioned they think they are being.

See http://www.cancer.org/chain.html for the American Cancer
Society's statement on the "Fraudulent Chain Letter".

Francoise