Kevin Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 18:14:08 -1000
I haven't found anything on this so I thought I'd ask.

Is there a way to number the messages in a listserv digest?  Our list's
digest currently creates a numbered subject list at the top of the digest,
but doesn't carry the numbers through to the individual messages that would
make it easy to scroll down to, say, message 18 for example, if that's all
the recipient was interested in viewing that day.  I belong to a Yahoo
discussion list and that digest does create a numbered table of contents
from the subject lines and then inserts the matching number next to each
message,  I've had a few subscribers asking for this, but haven't run across
any description of how to do it.  This is 1.8e btw.

Thanks.

Kevin Doyle
Patch-L