Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 May 2002 07:44:55 -0400
Our list is currently set up like this for auto-delete:

 Auto-delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Max(100),Delay(8),Probe(30)
 Renewal= 6-monthly,Delay(14)

The problem we are having is (surprise!) with MSN, where there is often a
small but steady stream of errors over the 8 days allowed -- the
subscribers get most posts, but a few bounce.  Once they are deleted, if
they resubscribe immediately they are still on the error list and just one
more error gets them kicked off again, presumably because ListServ sees
those errors as consecutive with the previous ones.

My understanding is that they have to wait another 8 days before they will
drop off the error list and be able to resubscribe from the same email
address.  (A side note -- it would be a big help to be able to separately
set the number of days of errors prior to deletion, and the number of
error-free days required for removal from the error monitoring list --
right now it appears they must be the same).

If I remove the Delay parameter entirely, will that prevent the deletion
based on number of days, and base it only on number of errors?  That would
work as most other problem addresses will be handled fine based on just
the error count.  If so how long will people remain on the error list
after the last error comes in?  Any other suggestions (other than telling
the subscribers to get a different email provider)?

Thanks,

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]