Les Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 05:16:44 -0500
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997,  Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Going for three cents (pushing my luck here, I know) why not
> just completely disable the ability to PUT subscriber lists,
> since there are other ways, reportedly always safer, to do this?

I certainly hope that NO consideration be given to disabling either the
GET or PUT option with regard to the subscriber material outside the
header.

There is much valuable information there in a convenient format, which
is NOT available elsewhere.  I use this material constantly both for
updating and monitoring the activity on my list.

I have little sympathy for those who disregard instructions and warnings
in the owner's manual, to their detriment.  And I see no reason for
making my life difficult to compensate for their lack of ability to
follow instructions.

                                                  Les