Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 14:59:34 EST
On Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:09:31 EST Larry Eckley said:
>As a novice list owner, I am having trouble with the welcome message.
>I have a custom message which goes out ok, but the 'canned' message also is
>delivered for each subscriber.  How do I disable this?  Thanx

You would make a listname.MAILTPL file for your list and disable the
SIGNUP1 template.

>>> SIGNUP1
.qq

is all you would need.  However, I think I'd migrate the welcome
file into the $SIGNUP template instead, rather than disabling that
template.  There's a lot of good information in it that probably
ought to go to the new subscriber.  You could tack your welcome
message on top of the "canned" text.

See Chapter 9 of the List Owner's Manual for more info.

Nathan