Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:52:00 -0400
The list I manage currently uses Review only for problem posters.  This
generates a small volume of "approval required" mail and as primary list
owner I handle it.

However we are considering adding Review to the Default-Options so that
new subscribers start out on Review, for a variety of reasons.  Currently
we have several people listed as list owners, all doing various admin
jobs, but no Editors or Moderators -- the header (leaving out notebook
settings and owner addresses) is:

 Subscription= By owner
 Send= Private
 Errors-to= Owners
 Review= Owner
 Notify= Yes
 Reply-to= Sender,Ignore
 Files= No
 Confidential= No
 Validate= Yes,Confirm
 X-Tags= No
 Ack= No
 Default-Options= Repro,ShortHDR

I have the impression that if I want to change the setup so that all
approval requests to go to all list owners and anyone can approve them, I
would add this to the header:

        Moderator= All,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask], ...

where the email addresses listed are those of the various list owners.

My questions are:

- Is this basically the right approach?

- Is there any reason I also need to define Editor= ?

- Do I need to put my own address in the Moderator= list, or will I
continue to receive the approval requests as primary list owner?

Thanks ...

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]