Gabe Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 18:54:44 -0500
Bob Novick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My partner Varda and I are writing an article for Adobe Magazine about
> mailing lists - an introduction to the major issues for those
> considering starting a list.  We have experience with lists that we run
> on the L-Soft machine, but not on our own server.  I'm interested in
> your comments about the pros and cons of running on your own machine vs.
> being hosted on someone else's machine.

> Bob Novick
> Impulse Research, Los Angeles

> P.S. our experience with L-Soft has been excellent.

Coincidence, I'm also writing an article on mailing lists, for a
mainframe-oriented publication, highlighting LISTSERV's mainframe origin
and evolution to other platforms, along with describing other list
management software. So I'm interested in reports related to mainframe
list-ownership/management, tips, subscriber issues, whatever.

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.     Voice: (703) 556-9121
7718 Iroquois Court, Falls Church VA 22043-2516        FAX: (703) 556-0906