Michael Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:31:35 -0400
Hi all,

Due to problems we have been experiencing with auto-probe we have decided
to disable passive probing for all of our lists. As per the Site Manager's
Operation Manual documentation (p.188) I set:

Auto-Delete: Yes,Full-Auto,Probe(0)

in the header of all of our lists.  However probing seems to be occuring
fast and furious as always.  At first I thought this might be the delay in
probes sent previously and only now being received, but the it has been
over a week and the amount of probe failures being received does not seem
to be curtailing.  Am I missing something?  I tried setting:

Auto-Delete: No

But that resulted in all probe failures being returned to the postmaster
address, which was overwhelming.  I would test a few different methods, but
since we are hosting many large lists, I am afraid to tinker too much
without knowing what the results might be.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

--Michael