Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:03:23 +0000
On 20 Jun 97 at 19:27, Ben Parker wrote:

> Looking at the larger issue, some people complain that Review is
> censorship, a violation of 'freedom of speech'.  The actual rule is that
> the Government shall not abridge freedom of speech.  Nowhere does it
> promise that I as a list owner must yield up use of my list (soapbox) to
> Rant-n-User.

Exactly! You don't have to distribute everything they send to you,
any more than The Washington Post has to publish every article and
letter submitted to them, or Random House has to publish every
manuscript they receive. Even the Government Printing Office
doesn't have to print every thing sent to it -- the gov. just can't
prevent them from setting up their own print shop. No one is
preventing the censorship-screamers from setting up their own lists
elsewhere. Let 'em scream -- they don't have a leg to stand on.

Francoise