Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 May 1996 05:44:00 -0500
> I have set my list up with no archives. I am assuming that I can not have
> digests without having archives. Am I wrong on that? (ie listserv sends out

Yes.  For a long time I thought that also, but I found out that there's
no problem.  Even without archives, listserv will hold list mail for the
digest period.  Just set digest=yes.  (Actually my setting is "digest=
yes,same,daily" -- I'm not sure what the "same" means -- possibly I knew
when I set it, but my brain has been getting leakier and leakier.)

> Is there a way for the listowner to get digests and still receive
> individual posts as they are forwarded by listserv?

I doubt that there's a way if you have only one address.  I do it for
local archiving purposes, but I get the digest at a different address.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])