Fri, 20 May 2005 16:11:07 -0500
On Fri, 20 May 2005, Peter K Robinson wrote:
> Whilst my logfiles are showing up fine as the web archives for my list,
> I am having trouble editing them.  I just want to edit out one message
> which is potentially libellous from the archive.  However, when I issue
> a GET Logfile command I receive the file in a truncated form.  Is this
> limited by my email system (GroupWise)  and if so are there any
> alternatives I could use.

Though I've never used GW, what you describe sound like a problem reported
by DIGEST subscribers using Novell GW.  There are several techniques for
seeing the entire item.  One is that there is and icon, described to me
as an "eyeglass" (I don't know if they mean a pair of eyeglasses, a
monocle, a magnifying glass, or what, but something like that).  Click on
that and you will see the entire text.

Another technique is:
"To get the full text of a truncated message, click on File, select
Attachments, then View. It gives the entire text of the message even when
the message wasn't an attachment."

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]