John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:22:48 -0400
> Hi All,
>
> I am managing a discussion list and would like to restrict the posting only
> to the people who are on the list.  All of the postings will be approved by
> a moderator.
>
> The moderator is complaining that she's getting a lot of messages for
> approval from the people who are not on the list.  Is there a command that
> will restrict the postings to the people on the list?

New Settings:

Send= Private
Default-Options= Subjecthdr,Noack,Repro,Review

Now issue this command:

quiet set listname REVIEW for *@* PW=???????

If the Owner and Editors are subscribed, you'll want to issue these also:

quiet set listname NOREVIEW for [log in to unmask] PW=???????
quiet set listname NOREVIEW for [log in to unmask] PW=???????
quiet set listname NOREVIEW for [log in to unmask] PW=???????

I should also note that your Notebook= line is not correct. You need a
drive path to a separate directory for each list, something like:

Notebook= Yes,/usr/local/lsv/lists/listname,Monthly,Private