Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 22:41:57 -0400
** Sometime around 11:54 -0400 9/29/97, Margaret King said:

Okay, it's shameless self-promotion time:

>What would be really nice, however, would be if there were a way to
>tell the auto-delete monitor to ignore all bounces from particular
>subscribers.  I.e., never delete these *particular* subscribers no
>matter what their server says, and just quietly eat their bounces....
>Is anything like this possible?  If not, it's on my wish list
>(realizing, of course, that if we're the only ones that want this
>it isn't too likely to happen anytime soon).

You can do exactly this with SmartBounce -- it allows you to create
an ".ignored" list, and specify address(es) that are to be ignored
(i.e., if any of them bounces, it will not be processed as a bounce,
but will be, well, *ignored*), and under what circumstances it should
be ignored (options are: hard bounce, soft bounce, unsubscribe, and/or
redirected address).

This is a new feature in Version 5; it is not yet documented on the Web
site, though it *is* available right now (and documented, though barely)
in the current public beta, which is available on the Web site.

For more information: <http://www.bsabio.com/SmartBounce/>

BTW, SmartBounce is fully compatible with LISTSERV (I know -- I run
a LISTSERV-based discussion list. :-), plus a slew of other servers.

Vince Sabio            Boy & His Sabre: <http://www.insane.net/TSC/Vince/>
[log in to unmask]       HumourNet: <http://www.humournet.com/HumourNet/>
                               Stop Internet Spam! <http://www.cauce.org/>

Segmentation Fault: Operating System Not Booted