PsyNet USA <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 May 1998 18:21:47 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-23 13:28:01 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

> >The owner-listname@host is the correct path for return of mailing errors
from a
> >list mailing.  The listname-request@host address is the documented
'universal
> >address' to contact a LISTSERV(R) List Owner, when you don't know their
real
> >address. Other MLMs may use this address differently.  owner-listserv@host
is
> >not for errors, but is documented as the 'universal address' to contact the
> >LISTSERV Site Manager when you don't know their real address.
>
>  It's always seemed to me that it would be more consistent if
>  listserv-request@host were the address for contacting the
>  LISTSERV site managers.

Would it be possible to add the <listserv-request@host> second address for
contacting the
LISTSERV site managers to the !.8d final version?  Of course, in order to
avoid confusing those who have learned the original site manager address, the
owner-listserv@host could be retained as an address for the site managers as
well.

John Roraback
PsyUSA Network Manager