Michael Quinion <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:25:44 -0000
Some background first: I send out one message a week to an announce-only
list via LISTSERV 16.0. I used to maintain the list by hand, receiving all
error reports and processing them using various scripts. Recently, I've
changed to a full-auto system using the command:

  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(8),Max(3),Probe(13)

After several weeks, the daily error report contains several lines for
addresses with 5 error reports that haven't been deleted. These are the
same ones I couldn't delete by hand because the subscribed address wasn't
the one reporting the error and no clue existed in the message headers to
the subscribed address.

Now to my questions: a) why isn't the probe system finding and deleting
these? And b) what changes, if any, can I make to improve detection and
deletion of these rogue addresses?

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words