Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 22:43:31 -0500
Recently i became an owner of a mailing list on a Revised listserver at
a different site.

Unfortunately when I try to do any listowner things like add or delete a
subscriber or change their options etc I get the message I am not an
owner of the list.

This is despite the fact i am receiving error reports on stuff returned
to the owner-listname-l mailbox and am listed as primary listowner.

Is there something special about remote listowners that must be done to
make them recognized as an owner?

The listserver is on a bitnet site and I am on an internet node.

At first we thought it might be a problem with not using the right
sitename as the site my user id I use for listowner functions is on a
site with at least two different names for the same group of machines
and when I telnet into it I do not necessarily land on the same machine,
but mail goes out from my user id there and the return addrress is the
same.

All ideas are welcome.  The lstmgr and I are running out of ideas.  I
checked over the listowner documentation and it does not seem to say
there is anything special about remote listowners.

all information is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Brian Lingard
Internet [log in to unmask]