"Stan V. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:41:41 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2006 10:29:09 A.M.  Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>I haven't cared enough to experiment, but I suspect you'll  find the
same, or at least similar behavior regardless of the list  software
(yahoogroups, majordomo, etc)<

I have experimented, and  can confirm that this happens regardless of
service.  It's a little  irritating, but the mail is still there in its
proper place in the  thread.

Jae Walker

Yes, I now see this is deliberately designed.  In particular,  Gmail GROUPS
the messages.  While my outgoing message is not REPROed back  to me, if someone
replies, the outgoing message DOES get grouped with the  response in my IN
BOX, so ... given the way that Gmail is configures, to group  messages of the
same thread, I can see why they block the REPRO.

Gmail has a sent box and an ALL MAIL box, both of which would contain
outgoing messages.

Below, Paul Russel suggested having two Gmail subscriptions, which is
another work around, but I think I can live with the situation.  I will  still
contact Gmail to see what their response is.

Thanks to all who responded,

Stan

Subscribe to the list using a different  address than the address from which
you normally post to the list. That  address will receive copies of postings
sent from your posting  address.

--
Paul Russell