Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:15:36 -0600
Hi,

John Lyon suggested:
>Scan listname *@egain.*
>scan listname *@*.egain.*

and Pete Weiss suggested:
>Is "eGain" a relevant userid?

Nope... already scanned for all variants on that one.

Pete also suggested:

Thanks, but nope.  No subscribers at *@*IXA.NET

>Do an NetSol (formerly InterNIC) WHOIS on those domains and again
>see if any other hostnames shown are subscribed.

That returned:
   Domain Name: FREESHOP.COM
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: HERMES.FREESHOP.COM
   Name Server: NS1.IXA.NET
   Updated Date: 11-feb-2000

>If that doesn't do it, and if your are a LISTSERV maintainer, or acquire
her help,
>do a DISTRIBUTE MAIL  to all subscribers and see if the mail returns a
message.

Will that tell me specifically what address is the problem?

By twice splitting the subscriber list in half and then e-mailing a unique
message to each
half, I've narrowed it down to 195 addresses.  I figure 5 more cuts and
I'll have it narrowed
down to 3 addresses.

Thanks for your assistance.
Betty