Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:17:58 -0400
On: Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 02:11:07PM -0300,Russ Hunt Wrote:

} To make this slightly less labor-intensive, get hold of a copy
} of WordPerfect 6.x for DOS, which has a wonderful macro-writing
} facility (you can write a macro that will clean up a file with a
} few keystrokes) and produces squeaky-clean ascii.

Instead of WP 6 DOS, I would suggest Kedit ($ but well supported) or THE
(The Hessling Editor, free with user support).  Both are text editors as
distinct from word processors and both use rexx macros.  Kedit is
windows only AFAIK and has its own rexx called kex built in.  THE is
available for both windows and 'ix platforms and requires an external
rexx processor such as regina.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67