"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 17:52:00 EDT
Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>:
>Note that in  1.8c you'll be able  to set a per-user  daily threshold, ie
>not allow anyone to post more than XX messages per day.

Great--I've been wanting that for some time.  (Of course, our host site
is still on 1.8a, so ...)  Someone asked if this would be settable per
user.  I wouldn't care about this too much (i.e., the same limit for all
users is fine), but I hope this is not just a daily limit, but
programmable for the interval (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) as well as the
number N per unit interval.  If I could just have one interval, Weekly
would be most useful, followed by Daily, followed by Monthly.  People's
free time often comes in spurts and people may only send 2-3 messages
per week, but possible all on the same day.  This often happens on one
of my lists, and it's not a problem as is the person who sends several
messages per day *every day*.  A week seems the right smoothing interval.
My two cents.

Shahrukh