Glee Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Mar 1993 07:18:24 PST
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Nathan C. Brindle wrote ..
>>I've appended the significant portion of one of the more common errors
>>I'm getting lately :).  I just need some clarification.  When the Batch
>>SMTP transaction log says that the error is "Mailbox not found", does that
>>mean that it can't find the <HOST> or the <USER> ?  ...
>
>>550 Mailbox not found.
>
>   The important part of the message is the number, "550".  This is the
>   same message number for "userid not found".

I took the time to send Nathan a message, off-list, elaborating on
Eric's response to his post.  I "walked" Nathan through a port 25
inquiry, showing how he would be able to simultaneously obtain the
host _name_ equivalent for the IP number he was using, as well as
verify the existence of the userid in question which, FWIW, *does*
exist.

Glee