Mark Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 13:12:13 -0700
[...]
> Ricemail (the mail system we use on
>the IBM generates resent lines, which make the
>moderated postings come out with an Approved by: line
>for the Moderator and a From: that shows the original sender.
[...]
>No one has yet suggested a workable offline possibility.  My big hope is
>that an upgrade to Eudora or another one of the offline mail programs
>will soon turn out to generate the right information.  If someone
>knows about one that does, please tell us.

>Vickie Banks
>EDTECH Owner/Editor

I use Eudora for the Mac.  I use a "plug-in" called Extra Settings that
allows me to have Resent-From: lines.  I'm not sure where I got it, but I
may have found it on Qualcomm's site.

How I use it:
I go into settings and enable editing of the From: header and add the line

When I receive an article for moderation, I use "Redirect" instead of
"Forward," and address it to my list.  When Redirect is used, Eudora adds
the parenthetical comment "(by way of [log in to unmask])", so I delete this
from the From: header.

When this article is sent out by the listserv, it has the header "Approved
by: [log in to unmask]" and a From: line that retaines the original poster's
information.

Mark

--
Mark Drake   [log in to unmask]
"A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad patient, nor does he