Rick Varner <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:51:34 -0400
Incountered a  problem in July with Mindspring / Earthlink blocking listserv messages from the particular listserv mail server domain.  They were "categorizing" the server as an "open relay server" meaning (I think) that they thought it allowed untraceable mail to be routed through the server.  Other mail from institution domains other than the listserv's worked fine.  Resolution was a painful process, getting their tech people in abuse to test the domain and unblock it eventually.  Hope this helps shed some light.  Another note:  initially bounced messages were showing up within the listserv process, but apparently it got tired of them after a while and just seemed to ignore them.  Forgive the lack of "technical detail" in this, I'm not the owner / administrator, just trying to learn, after the above experience.  -Rick