"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:10:58 -0500
Jeff wrote..
> I'm looking for a "Resent-" aware POP mail reader for Windows 95/NT
> suitable for use in moderating/editing a mailing list.  Our old faithful
> IBM VM/ESA system is going out the door and with it RiceMail which did
> the job so wonderfully.  I've tried Eudora, Netscape, and Pegasus but
> nothing seems to want to generate the correct "Resent-" headers; mail
> either ends up being From: me and/or the original headers moved to the
> body of the mail.

Pegasus *does* create appropriate resent headers if you use the
"forward" button and make sure "edit" is *unchecked* on the advanced
options (Check "offer advanced options for replies" under General
Preferences).

As others have mentioned, a superior solution is to use LISTSERV's
"Send=Editor,Hold".

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS          University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists