Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jul 1993 16:08:20 EDT
On Tue, 27 Jul 1993 16:00:00 EDT John Clutcher said:
>Given the following two messages:
>
>1) What is "suspend"?

It means that that user has sent at least 10 invalid commands to LISTSERV
and LISTSERV now refuses to talk with that user.

>2) What is being "served out"?

Same explanation as above.

>3) What document (not archive note) discusses this process?

The SERVE command is in one of the Reference cards.  I don't think it's
documented anywhere else.

>4) What do I do to fix?

Well, you can send LISTSERV the command:

serve that-userid@that-node on

but at the same time you need to contact that user and find out what they're
doing that LISTSERV doesn't like.  My guess is that they are sending mail
to LISTSERV that is meant for human eyes and is not valid LISTSERV commands.

Before the last upgrade of LISTSERV i would see 1 or 2 of these a week.
Now I see 3 or 4 a day.