Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 02:48:31 +0100
On Sat, 4 Jan 1997 15:32:35 -0500 MIKEHOLLOWAY <[log in to unmask]> said:

>At the very least  it should be acknowledged that forcing  me to do more
>work is not being fair.

Do you mean all the nonsense Jim McIntosh  had to put up with as a result
of the FREE  service he was providing  to you and hundreds  of others was
fair, and that he should have continued to put up with it so that some of
the recipients of this free service wouldn't have to do more work? At any
rate, I am not the one who made the change in question. I suggest you let
Jim McIntosh  know that he  has been  unfair to you.  With a bit  of luck
there will  be enough other  people adding their  voice to yours  that he
will bite  the bullet and  shut down the  gateway forever. Then  your and
everyone else's  problem will be solved.  I'm not sure you  realize this,
but Jim is getting nothing but hate  mail and complaints for a service he
has been providing for the community's  benefit for years. How often have
you seen a kind word directed his way?

>I'm only  opening my yap because  it seemed to me  that the implications
>weren't being appreciated, and in the hopes that there was some solution
>I was overlooking, or unaware of.

Well, as a matter of fact there is. Nobody is forcing you to use the free
gatewaying service offered  by American University. You  can find someone
else to gateway your postings in the manner and format that you want them
to be gatewayed.

  Eric