Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 13:51:52 EDT
17 april 1995 Ottawa

Agreed it would be nice if sites would limit their error messages to a
sender about problems with delivery to a user but this would involve
each site keeping track of the errors it has sent like the Vacation
program of unix does on vacation notices and most sites just respond to
each piece of undeliverable mail.

Now I suppose as listowners we could write unix scripts to filter out
error messaes from high volume sites and normally only view a report
with the user id affected.  Some sites though utterly mangle the user-id
and before axing a subscriber i always look them up in my subscriber
file to make sure I am going to axe the right subscriber.

I suppose someone could write a script or program to automate this and
construct delete jobs for us to either rreview and approve user deletion
or auto-axe the user.