Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:52:34 -0600
On 30 Dec 97 11:49:36 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:38:18 -0600, Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>If you do a new command, you get the same message. If you try to
>>change or cancel the password, it says there is no password
>>registered.
>>
>>Thanks and everything else seems normal. I am getting messages and can
>>write messages and can do commands that do not require a password.
>
>Send the PW RESET command.
>
>You will either get a msg saying no such pwd or you will be asked to confirm
>this operation (do so if it does).  It doesn't really matter which case it is,
>we need to start from a know state.

OK, I sent a PW RESET. Here is the answer.

---------------------------
> PW RESET
[log in to unmask] does not have any password on record for your
[log in to unmask] address.
----------

So I sent a command, PW ADD XXXX    with the x's being my password.

>Then Send the PW ADD new_password  command.

I sent a "PW ADD XXXX"    x is my password and I did not send the "'s

Here is my answer.
------------------
Date:         Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:35:06 -0600
From:
 "L-Soft list server at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (1.8c)"
<LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:      Output of your job "billh"
To:           Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
message-id: [log in to unmask]

> PW ADD billh16

Summary of resource utilization
-------------------------------
 CPU time:        0.004 sec                Device I/O:        1
 Overhead CPU:    0.002 sec                Paging I/O:        0
 CPU model:        9672                    DASD model:     3380
------------------

That's it. I never get anything else. It never asks for a
confirmation. I tried a OK on this message but got a answer that it
could not extract the code from the Subject line. A change will say
that I do not have a Password, use the add command to make one.

>You should get a response from the server is a couple minutes asking you to
>confirm it with "OK"  Do so (and post a copy of whatever msg you get here), then
>you should get a confirmation msg that your pwd has been accepted.

See above. I never get this.

Thanks for your help.

--
Bill Harrison