"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:29:54 -0500
Thought somebody would have answered this one by now but I guess not
yet...  Anyway, Stacy wrote:

>Is there any setting I can tweak so that LISTERV only uses the
>subscriber name as listed in the subscriber list when it sends
>out posts?
>
>Stacy

Yes, there is, but it has its drawbacks as well.  If you put in your list
header:

*Reply-To= ?, Ignore

it will ignore all of those types of headers which get created by the
particular mail software.  This is what I do on my list, and while I do
not have institutional names listed with the name of the person submitting
the message, both first and last names (and only those) are included in
the header information.

The drawback to this is that private replies become more difficult to send
out privately, because you do not have the e-mail address easily at hand
to send them out.

Of course, you will also need to change the ? to something more useful,
either List, Owner, Moderator, email@address, etc.

Hope that helps.

Glenn