Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 23:19:22 GMT
]  MS> beginners, and many AOL accounts are owned by Internet users who
]  MS> graduated from their .edu accounts, changed employers and
]  MS> whatnot--they ARE US!).

In FISH-ECOLOGY, we have nearly 200  AOLers.  Around 100 of them are
bonafide, ex- researchers and university teachers.  They  have  told
me,  many times, how they enjoy being subscribed to FISH-ECOLOGY.  I
like this very much,  because  AOL  provides  the possibility to old
senior scientists to keep going.  Many of them have lots to say (and
to learn, as they have expressed it several times).  They give  good
advice on research issues to junior scientists and that's very fine.

Many listowners do not like  AOL.   I  do.  Mr.  O'Donnel (the *new*
Postmaster) is very receptive for new ideas and it seems  they  work
hard.

Newbies  are  a  problem,  though.  They do not pay the fee and give
rise to lots of bounces.  But I  suspect :-) that AOL is working out
a way that will make life easier to us too.

We have got to cooperate with AOL, I believe.

    APS/Fish-ecology and fish-junior at SEARN.SUNET.SE