Michael Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:58:58 -0500
Hi all,

I have seen this question asked before in the list, and never responded to.
However, we have client who is adamant that we change the subscribe Command
Confirmation message which currently reads:

Your command:

  SUBSCRIBE {listname) Anonymous

has been received. You must now reply to this message (as explained below)
to complete your subscription. The purpose of this confirmation procedure
is to check that the address LISTSERV is about to add to the list for your
subscription is reachable. This is a typical procedure for high-volume
lists and all new subscribers are subjected to it - you are not being
singled out. Every effort has been made to make this verification as simple
and painless as possible. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

(etc.)

This, I take it, is somehow created from the CONFIRM1 template, but it
looks like the text noted above is not part of the editable text in the
template.  Is there any way to change this description?  The client
complains that it is too long and confusing and he wories that some
subscribers can't figure it out and therefore do not complete their
subscription.  I don’t think it is all that confusing, but it is long and
it should be able to be adjusted to meet the various needs of different
list groups (i.e., dumbed down).

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Michael