Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:09:11 -0400
Craig Gjerde wrote:

> I get this when
> someone thinks their address is [log in to unmask] (mail gets to them)
> but their email really comes from [log in to unmask] (something
> different.)
>
> Unsubscribe them from the current address and resubscribe them from the
> other address. Then they can post.

Sometimes the sender doesn't have any control over which address the
computer uses for them.  that is, increasingly I find ISP's with
multiple nodes (particarly universities) capable of sending mail out
from [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] --

What you have to do then is subscribe both addresses, then set one of them
to nomail so mail only goes to one address, but the computer recognizes
both addresses.

Unfortunately, if you are paying per subscriber this can be pricey.
But I don't have to do it with that many subscribers, so it hasn't
been a problem.

Mary Schweitzer