Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 May 1996 23:13:42 +0200
On Wed, 22 May 1996 15:58:25 -0500 Winship <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Here is what I want to know: You going to get the database searching for
>unix going reliably in the next couple of months?

But we have it  today. There are 3 beta test sites and  so far only minor
problems have been found. Now it's not 100% compatible so if you're using
sophisticated jobs with  custom formats it may not work.  If you're doing
typical search/index/print  sequences it is  actually better than  the VM
functions (and will of course also  be available to VM sites, in addition
to the  "old" database functions).  Eventually everything will  be ported
and you will get full compatibility,  but we're trying to close 1.8c next
month.

  Eric