Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:19:38 -0500
John Lyon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> It is very unusual these days because very few MUAs can create re-
> sent headers and very few moderators want to edited subscriber's
> posts (the only reason to do it this way)  As you say, this may be a
> bug, but you don't need to do it this way. Change:
>
> Send= Editor
> Send= Editor,Hold
>
> Now posts submitted to moderators will be formatted so the moderators
> only need to click a URL or Reply to that message with 'OK' as the
> response.

Well..... maybe.  But it still seems broken.

I changed the header to be

* Send= Editors
* Editor= my-address
* Moderator= my-address
* Moderator= other-person

I subscribed all of the members of the (other-list) to this list and set
their option to "Editor".

Messages from any subscriber with the Editor option are being processed
correctly - that is, the messages go to all of the subscribers.

Messages which are from someone not with the Editor option are correctly
being sent to both me and the other moderator in the round-robin fashion.
But when we approve the message - by emailing back to the list address
(with a MUA which uses Resent-From) - are never showing up as being
distributed to the list.  The *only* error message being sent to the Owner
address is in the "Daily error monitoring report" and is the line:
                Last error: 5.0.0 X-Postfix; mail forwarding loop for

For now, I'll take your advice and change it to Send=Editors,Hold and try
to use the web interface to approve the messages.  But even if that works,
getting the other method to work would still seem like the right thing to
do.

Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: [log in to unmask]
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-7801
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590