Patrik Krafft <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:50:16 +0100
Hi!

We have a new installation of the LISTSERV software installed on a NT4
server. Our TESTLIST has been set up properly. We have one issue though, and
that is the "auto-delete" function. We cant seem to get it to work, or
confir that it works properly.

For test purposes we set the TESTLIST configuration with the following
settings:

Subscription= Open, Confirm     (This way users can sybscribe if they know
the list is there)
Ack= Yes
Confidential= Service
Validate= Yes, Confirm          (Users have to confirm their subscription to
the list)
Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(0),Max(1)      (For testing purposes we set
Delay(0) but it doesn't seem to work...)
Reply-to= List,Respect          (We don't want people replying to either
owner or the list and will set it to NONE before we start using the list, is
this right?)
Review= Owners  (Not using this function right now..)
Send= Owner, Confirm            (I guess this is right, we only want the
list owner to be able to send mails to the list, but we want the listserver
mailadress to be in the FROM address-space)
Errors-To= Owner                        (This is good I suppose..)
Owner= [log in to unmask]

OK, the list is going to be fairly big in the future and we have to be sure
the auto-delete process is functioning properly. I have been sending about
20 mails to the TESTLIS with the above mentioned configuration. But none of
te bougus mail-addresses has been deleted..... This is strange... Help is
needed...

A second issue is if it is advisable and/or possible to set the FROM
address-space with the lists own e-mail address?!?!

Many thanks in advance,
Patrik and Oskar

Patrik Krafft
Sign On i Stockholm AB (publ)