Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:31:36 -0600
On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Pete Weiss wrote:
> There is one special case where this is confusing: when they've never
> subscribed under the new address and the old address is equivalenced via
> the LISTSERV alias facility.  E.g., if I were subscribed as
> [log in to unmask] and want to change that to [log in to unmask], the CHANGE
> command would say that I'm already subscribed since we do in fact have
> that host address aliased.

But, Pete, you are talking about aliasing *at* a LISTSERV site, for an
address *at* that site, or a site where LISTSERV administrators have
installed all the aliases/equivalences for everyone everywhere?. Would it
not be different where that is not the case?  It would seem so as I have
never had a change command not work for changing, or getting rid of,
a host/server name.  I just have to be sure I get all the addresses right
when I do it.     Douglas