Brent Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:48:06 -0800
>Date:         Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:43:47 -0500
>From: "Joel K. Furr" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Speaking as a non-lawyer, it might be useful to get a legal defense fund
>together for a test lawsuit against some spammer; I'd be willing to
>contribute quite a lot of money and I imagine that we could get a big-ass
>chunk of money from a lot of other people, too.  Then we'd sue someone as
>a class-action suit, and when the courts found against the spammers, we'd
>have a precedent on our side.

Class action law suits can generate a *ton* of money.  The
existence of C&S law firms is an example of the fact that you can
find an attorney that will do just about *anything*, and many
will take a case on consignment.   :-)

We need to find an Anti-C&S that'll bag 'em for all their worth
(if that is anything...)

Brent Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Digital Information Systems Corporation (DISC)