Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:01:19 -0400
On 11 Jun 2005 at 9:30, Darren Evans-Young wrote:

> The email addresses for all employees are stored in a database on another
> machine. I have a job that downloads that data each morning. The job
> removes all subscribers then reloads with the updated data.

This is exactly the kind of situation where LISTSERV Maestro can make
your life easier. All you would need to do is hook Maestro to your
database (read-only), create a "target group" that pulls exactly the
records and fields you need, and then give Maestro accounts (with
access to the target group) to the people who send those
announcements. Then your data would be "fresh" for each mailing, and
include the subscribers who were added since the morning.

Then if you wish you can even add customized information on the
mailings, for example, "You are subscribed as &EMAIL; and you are
receiving this email because it is a condition of continued
employment in the &DEPT; department at XYZ University."

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html