Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:40:08 -0400
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Bill Verity wrote:

>I would create the new list with the -L name and then GET the old list
>with e-mail.  This gets the headers and subscribers.  Then I change the
>name in the notebook header and put it back with the new name.  You will
>have to do a PUTALL just to be safe.  This preserves subscribers and
>their settings.  You can then remove the old list.

Another option is to do what Bill just suggested, but instead of deleting
the old list, delete the old list's subscribers and then code the old
list's header so that it includes the "New-list" keyword to say something
like:

* New-List= new-list's address

This way, email to the old list's email address will automatically be
diverted to the new list's email address. This method will ease some
confusion on the part of existing subscribers and prospective subscribers.

Be sure to delete the old list's subscribers BEFORE adding the New-List
keyword though. This is covered in L-Soft's documentation in clear detail.